Sécurité & Assurance
Rider safety tips
Staying safe while riding with Taxiapp.lu
To keep riders safe, we have build our technology with safety in mind. But there are also things that you as a rider can do to ensure your safety. We worked with law enforcement to create this list of tips to help you stay safe while riding with Taxiapp.lu
- Plan ahead. Before you request a ride, think about where you’re headed and review the safety features in the app so you know how to use them.
- Request your ride inside. Avoid spending unnecessary time outside alone with your phone in your hand. Instead, wait indoors until the app shows your driver has arrived.
- Get in the right car. Before you get in the car, check that license plate, driver photo, and driver name all match what’s listed in the app. Taxiapp rides can only be requested through the app, so never get in a car with a driver who claims to be with Taxiapp and offers a ride.
- Be a backseat rider. If you’re riding alone, sit in the backseat. This ensures you can safely exit on either side of the vehicle to avoid moving traffic, and it gives you and your driver some personal space.
- Buckle up. Seatbelt use is the most effective way to save lives and reduce injuries related to car accidents.
- Share your trip details with a friend. While en route, tap “Share status” in the app to share your driver’s name, photo, license plate, and location with a friend or family member. They can track your trip and see your ETA without downloading the Taxiapp app.
- Protect your personal information. There’s no need to share your phone number or other contact information with your driver. If a rider and driver need to contact each other, the Taxiapp app automatically anonymizes both phone numbers to protect everyone’s privacy.
- Follow your intuition. Trust your instincts and use your best judgement when riding with Taxiapp. And if you ever feel you’re in an emergency situation, call 112 immediately. Taxiapp has a built in call feature to allow you to call law enforcement at the touch of a button.
- Be kind and respectful. As outlined in our community guidelines, please respect your driver and his or her car.
- Give feedback on your trip. Your feedback helps us improve the Taxiapp experience for everyone. Our 24/7 global support team reviews feedback and will follow up with appropriate action on any reports of conduct that violate our community guidelines.
Taxiapp Emergency Button
Taxiapp cares about your safety! In-case of emergency or any unfortunate event, Just tap the red emergency icon on your app as seen below. you will then see the Emergency Contact Screen. The Driver or Rider can contact police on a single click or can click on send message button. Upon this, their exact location with help message will be sent to their 5 contacts.